Tuesday 3 March 2015

Mommy I want PANCAKES....

It's 6am Sunday morning and your having a hard time waking up because you and the hubby decided to go out last night. Drinks flowed, you danced until your feet hurt and even got a burger to eat on the way home. A great night or so you thought. But right now, RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT you are looking at the clock that's reading 6am and thinking WHO THE HELL TOLD ME TO GO OUT??.  No, you don't have to go to work, no you don't have a plane to catch, you have a toddler named ANTONIO, who at 6AM wants PANCAKES.

Bad enough for the pass 15 minutes Tonio has been running his firetruck up and down my leg, but he has also made up an "I want Pancakes" song. (Why don't we lock our bedroom door??)

5 more minutes of that song and I decide it's time to get up. Never mind we just got in at 4:45am. (Why didn't we have the sitter stay until noon??). I make my way to the bathroom and look into the mirror. Along with my smudged mascara, I have 2 Thomas the Tank Engine stickers on my forehead. (Really Antonio, REALLY??)

OK time to make PANCAKES. Pancake mix, water in a bowl, at the same damn time. (Thank God I bought the Just Add Water mix). Two Pancakes for Antonio coming right up. I put the pan on the stove, add some butter and wait until it heats up. After what feels like forever the pot is ready, As I pour in the pancake mix I tell myself "We really need to get that sitter to stay until noon".
Boom, pancakes are ready. I put them in his favorite plate and call him to the table. He comes barreling down the hallway on his fire truck, jumps into his chair than sucks his teeth... I ask "Whats wrong Tonio?" He hops back onto his firetruck, looks up at me and says "No mommy, I wanted EGGS". (WHOKNEW??)

No comments:

Post a Comment