Monday 23 March 2015

I RAN FOR MY LIFE

Parents, where you ever invited out on a week night and RAN out the door??

Let me set up the scene for you.....

It's a Thursday afternoon and it's one of my friends birthday. After a full IG/Facebook shout out I text her and ask what are her plans. She lets me know that she just wants to go to the movies and invites me along. OMG.. You know what that means??? It's operation "Mommy is going out". After I confirm the time I put my plans into action. It's already 1pm and she will be arriving to pick me up at 7:20pm. I have 6 hrs and 20 minutes to get my life together.

I have homework to check, go to the grocery, finish wash clothes, cook dinner, and as per my husbands request put two children under the age of 4 to sleep before there bedtime.

By the time I finish drawing out the plan in my head it's already 5pm and NOTHING is DONE.
3 hours before go time and I begin to put my plan into action.

I will put 1 load to wash while I run to the supermarket. By the time I get back that load will be done and I can start to cook. But what can I cook that's fast and easy??? CORN BEEF and RICE. OK, Alicia you got this. Off to the supermarket I go. By the time I reach back I immediately start to cook. Rice is on first, than I can cook the corn beef. While that is cooking I put one set of clothes to dry and another set to wash. I sit the kids at the table and we do homework.

Time check...It's 6:30pm

Food is done, another set of clothes are going into the dryer, put the last set of clothes to wash and all the dried clothes are on the couch to be folded and put away.

Time check...It's 7pm

Lets eat. I take out everyone's food, clean up the kitchen, get a text from my friend that she will be by my house in 20 mins.  Now this is when my working under pressure kicks in.

Time check...It's 7:10pm
I jump in the shower. To save time I'm taking Tonio with me. I bath him and hand him off to his dad who at the same time hands the baby to me. (Who Knew???). I here my friend yell out "ALICIA I'm HERE". I bath the baby and call for my husband to come retrieve her. I finish washing up and jump out the shower.

Time check...7:25pm
While my husband drys the baby off my older son is helping his younger brother get dressed for bed. I get the baby ready for bed and hand her to my friend who is patiently waiting in my living room. I return to my room to get dress.  I find some jeans that are so tight they don't need  to iron, throw on a tank top and a button down shirt (which is kinda wrinkled but Momma is Going OUT). There goes my plans for dressing up. Foundation, Face powder and some lip gloss.

Time check...7:35pm
On the way to the kitchen to make the baby a bottle. I pass into my sons room to tell him Good night.
I make sure the kitchen is clean, take off the light (You know what that means) and hand the bottle to my husband. My friend hands the baby to him as I put on my shoes and double check that I have my phone and wallet.

Time check...7:45pm
I say good night to my Husband and take off running down the driveway. Sweet Baby JESUS, I RAN FOR MY LIFE. All the while screaming "I'm OUT " and got everything done.

Time check...7:00am the next morning
I'm in the kitchen trying to figure out what is that smell???
BOOM, Clothes still in the washing machine. UGGGGGGG


2 comments:

  1. Lol. I love these stories. U ran for your life! Lolololol. It's time for mommy to have some fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes girl. When I get a chance to hang out with people my age I take it and Run.

      Delete