Friday 13 March 2015

Am I talking to myself????

Some people think that you become a mother as soon as the sperm meets the egg. While others believe you become a mother when you child is born. I'm different, so I believe your officially a MOTHER the first time you begin to talk to yourself.

I'm talking about a full on conversation, out loud whether your children are in the same room or not. It doesn't matter if it's only you and a newborn home alone or if there are 20 people at your house. That first conversation with yourself is priceless.

This conversation could be about something as small as your 2 week old pooping in your hand while your trying to change her diaper or your teenager giving you back talk about taking out the trash. Once you have children the conversation between you and yourself is never ending. Most of the time your having these one on one conversations with yourself nobody will be paying you any mind anyway.

Why do we talk to ourselves so much after having kids???
Easy, in our minds we are the only humans in the house that's making any sense. So it becomes fitting to talk to your self about issues that only you feel you can resolve.

I can recall hearing my mother talk to herself all the time (even answering herself) and thinking "This lady is CRAZY".  Now I can truly say I feel her pain, (Who Knew??).  I haven't reached the point of actually answering myself, but with this All Star cast of characters I live with I am sure the replies are coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment