Wednesday 4 October 2017

SUNDAY FUNDAY



During the week I run a tight ship at home. Up by 6:30am, out the door by 7:50am, Dinner by 7pm and everyone goes to bed by 8:30pm. So by Friday night I let my hair down and allow the kids to be free. This includes McDonald's every Friday (which can be eaten anywhere except the bedrooms), and allowing the kids to watch TV or play on there Ipads, game consoles until their eyes bug out.  


Saturdays are for cleaning and running errands. This must always include a trip to Target. We, I mean I always need something from Target. (Who Knew?)


Sunday's is GET YOUR LIFE TOGETHER day. This day we make sure all homework, book reports are done and most importantly the dreaded LAUNDRY. I wash the younger kids clothes and my older son is responsible for washing his own clothes. I have a minimum of 2 loads per child, which should only take about 1 1/2 hour to wash, especially being that I have a washing machine in my basement.


This has been my routine for the past 10 years, but EVERY SUNDAY I  can't seem to get it RIGHT.


Every Sunday I wake up with a purpose and that is to Wash the kids clothes by 12pm, cook dinner, take a nap and watch TV. THIS NEVER HAPPENS.


I'm up by 8am and cook a nice breakfast for the kids. While they are eating I make up the beds and sort their laundry. By 10am they are finished eating and I clean up the mess that they make. So, far so good RIGHT??? I make sure everyone changes their clothes and I hit the basement with my basket full of clothes in hand. So by 11am I have my first load washing and LIFE SEEMS GREAT.


I go back upstairs and this is where everything goes LEFT...By the time I reach back upstairs there is Jello on the couch, playdoh on the tv, apple juice on the floor, Ari is missing a sock and looking for her pacifier, Tonio is crying because Just Dance keeps freezing and Anthony is no where in sight. After getting everyone back on track and the place cleaned back up its now 4pm, I still have 3 more loads of clothes to wash, we are all hungry and I just end up taking a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment