Monday 12 November 2018

Oh you want to WORK-WORK.

I work for an amazing company that gives us the option to sometimes work from home. As long as your work gets done they don't seem to hound you too much. I definitely take advantage of this option but with caution. Caution meaning, I would NEVER work from home if any of my kids are home.

If I know the kids are out of school, I practically  RUN to work. If there is a snow storm and the schools are closed I put on my water proof boots, long bubble coat, wrap up my face with two scarves and journey into work. If there was a fire at my job (God Forbid) and they told us to work from home for a few days and my kids where at home at the same time, I will rent out an office space just so I can get out the house.

Now, this does not mean that I don't love my kids, or I don't love my house. But while I'm home I have a minimum of 5 min sitting in one spot at a time before someone cries, breaks something or wants something to eat/drink.

So working from home while the kids are home is not productive at all. I might as well put in for PTO (PAID TIME OFF), and put away the computer because I won't get any Work-Work done.


No comments:

Post a Comment