Wednesday 10 January 2018

Childrens Place Zone

OK, so I've been a mother for over 15 years and that means I should be an expert when it comes to shopping for kids stuff right? (Who Knew??)

15 Years ago we didn't have the luxury of ordering whatever we needed for our kids online. We actually had to venture into stores, dig through racks, unfold shirts and stand on lines to pay for our items. We also didn't have one of the most amazing inventions known to any parent the "PRICE CHECKER". We had to stand on the line with all the items in hand, then wait until we reach the cashier to ask "Can you let me know how much these are?", in which we eventually tell them No Thank You to the 8 out of 10 items we picked up. This allowed use leave the store feeling undefeated because we saved 30% on a $8.00 shirt that our child will wear once and eventually end up being used as "Home Clothes"
                     ↖↗
(Terminology used by many West Indian parents for clothing worn when you come home from school or while lounging around the house on a weekend.)


Back to my rant. So for the past 15 years I have been religiously frequenting one kids clothing store in particular and I'm sure we all have step foot inside of "THE CHILDREN'S PLACE".
Great store, OK selection of children's apparel/shoes and you can find amazing deals. But the one thing that stumps me EVERY SINGLE TIME is the Children's Place Reward system.  Something is just not adding up.
                                                                                     


I've been shopping in this store since 2002, I've had 3 kids since then but every time I get to the register they ask for my phone number and email address to look up my points, but when I ask how much points I have they tell me NONE. WTF

SOOOOOOOOOO, you telling me for 15 years I haven't accumulated enough points to get a free pair of socks for my toddler??
Where all are all my points going? How are these points calculated? Is it a Use them or Lose them system? Are they lost in the Twilight Zone with all the one sided socks?

No comments:

Post a Comment