Tuesday 21 November 2017

All I want for Christmas is...........

So, It's that time of the year that we as parents all Love to Hate.

For us regular adults it's the time of the year where we start to buy Dunkin Donuts coffee instead of Starbucks. We put back that $30 throw pillow and get the one for $5.00 instead. We hold off from buying that hot new make-up palette and work with the ones we already have. We eat more meals at home and carry our lunches to work.
For most children it's also that time of the year where they pay more attention to the commercials on TV then the actual show. All the new toys are being displayed, trapping your children's brains in some sort of TV matrix causing them to yell out things like "I WANT THAT FOR CHRISTMAS" or "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THAT FOR CHRISTMAS". I guess yelling at the TV speaks your hopes and dreams into reality. (Who Knew?)

As I watched my 3 year old yell at the TV one night claiming all the toys her heart desired I thought "Hmmm, I wonder if that works for Adults too?". So I decided to try it out.
Never Try, Never Fail..Right.

So, after I cooked dinner I asked the kids if I could watch HGTV while we ate and of course they said sure, only if they are able to watch their Ipads. Wanting to see if wishes really come true I agreed and switched from cartoon network to HGTV. The first commercial that came on was a commercial regarding some new paint and I thought maybe I should start small. So I casually yelled out "Ohh, I want that for Christmas". All my kids looked up at me as if I was going mad. The next commercial came on was for an Audi Jeep, so I again yelled out "I CAN'T WAIT FOR SANTA TO BRING ME THAT FOR CHRISTMAS".  By this time everyone has stopped eating and now I'm really getting into the swing of things. The next commercial comes on and it's a contest for a new HGTV Smart home. Like a WHOLE BRAND NEW HOUSE and I can't contain my excitement so I  jump out my chair pointing at the screen yelling "OHHHHHHH, I WANT THAT FOR CHRISTMAS TOOO".  Soon after the show resumes and I take my seat back at the table. Anthony ask me if I'm OK, Tonio tells me I need to relax and Ariana rolls her eyes and says "Mommy, you want too much".

1 comment:

  1. Lol. I’m still waiting for my son to buy me the bangles i asked for! Ha

    ReplyDelete