Thursday 2 July 2015

U didn't have a choice!

Change is always good RIGHT?

Well last year my husband and I decided to move our family from America to the beautiful island of Trinidad W.I.. Many people thought we were crazy but even more people gave us words of encouragement and blessing along our new journey. After the initial shock of hearing that we moved the next question out of almost everyone's mouth was "How have the kids adjusted?".
At first I use to go into detail regarding how they are adjusting until I realized that at the end of the day MY KIDS had no choice in this move.

We now live in a society where Dogs are treated better than humans, Loyalty is lost and Children are giving choices. When I was growing up we had NO CHOICES, NO OPTIONS. My parents always said if we wanted an opinion we need to get a job, and move out. You ate whatever they cooked, you wore whatever clothes they bought, you played with whatever toys they gave you and went where your parents sent you. POINT, BLANK, PERIOD.

When did it become ok to ask a 12 year old if he wanted to move? When did it become ok to ask a 3 year old if he rather stay in the cold or in the sun? As a parent who grow up in the 80's (the last of the good breed) I decided to raise my kids on the motto my parents raised me on "What I Say GOES!".

If we decide to move to the North Pole and live in an Igloo, well guess what Anthony, Antonio and Ariana should pack some long johns. So now when people ask me about how my kids are adjusting to the move my answer is "They don't have any choice but to adjust".

No comments:

Post a Comment